Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Tomato & Cheese Stuffed Sausage Meatballs


Okay for any of you locals, the restaurant Twigs has a pretty eclectic menu and I love it!!! It's not an Italian place, but last time I was there I tried this dish that was basically a breaded meatball.  But it was Italian sausage and inside was gooey mozarella cheese and a cherry tomato.  Can you say incredible?

No, really.......can you say it? SAY IT! Okay, good:)

Truly - these were amazing! Naturally I had to make my own copycat version at home, and I think I pretty much mastered it!  To make stuffing easiest, I would suggest starting with a big patty of sausage meat cupped in your hand.  Then fill it with the cheese (a cube or two) and a cherry tomato (smaller tomatoes works best).

Then, get some more meat on top and roll it into a meatball over the stuffing.  Next, roll the ball in some Panko breadcrumbs and fry in oil on the stove top.  Drain on a paper towel, sprinkle with salt, and enjoy!! I love this with a side of marinara!

TIP: If your meatballs cook quicker on the outside than the inside, just finish them in a 350 degree oven for 10-15 minutes, depending on the size:)






No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...